South Florida Water Softeners | Tampa, Orlando & Sarasota, FL
It is very important to have soft water in your home. Soft water removes minerals in the water that lead to soap scum, mold, and mildew. With the Elite Series Water softener, never again will hard water stain and ruin your toilet, faucets and sinks.
Elite Series Water Softeners Feature:
- Fleck 5600 Demand Meter Valve (regenerates by usage amount)
- C249 quality Resin
- Garnet (built in clarifier)
Special Sale $995.00
Water Softener Benefits:
- Enjoy clean soft skin and silky hair
- Prevents Staining on Bathroom & Kitchen Fixtures!
- Prevents Staining on Dishes, Dishwasher, Washing Machine & Clothes!
- Prevents Hard Water Scale!
- Higher Quality Drinking Water!
- Simple to Install – Connects to the Main Supply Line of your House!
- Reduces water heating costs!
- Lengthens the Life of Water Heaters Icemakers – Dishwashers – Coffeemakers – Plumbing Fixtures!
- Enjoy Spot-Free dishes and sparkling silverware!
- Dramatically reduces household cleaning supplies and maintenance!
- Clothes are Brighter & Cleaner!
- Stops scale from accumulating in your pipes!
How a Water Softener Works
A diagram of the South Florida Water Fleck 5600 Water Softener.
A water softener is an ion exchanger.
Hard water—water with a high calcium/magnesium content—enters the softener through the “In” port indicated by the green arrow. It passes through the control valve and into the tank, where it goes from top to bottom through a specially prepared resin that “softens” it. The resin consists of specially manufactured beads that have been saturated with sodium ions. “Softening” occurs as the hardness minerals in the water attach themselves to the resin and are “exchanged” for sodium.
The softened water then enters the long center tube, called a riser, via the strainer basket in the bottom of the tank and passes upward through the riser. The water exits the softener via the control valve (blue arrow) and is sent to the home.
When the resin becomes saturated by hardness minerals, the softener automatically goes into regeneration. (The regeneration process is initiated by a timer or a meter, depending on the type of softener you purchase.) By this process the hardness minerals are washed down the drain (via a drain tube not shown in the diagram), and the resin bed is rinsed, resettled, and recharged with sodium. It is now again ready to soften your water.
The regeneration process is accomplished by passing very salty water from the brine tank through the resin.
The brine tank must remain filled with softener salt at all times so that it can regenerate the softening resin again and again.
Because clean water is so important, call the experts in water filtration. The South Florida Water team sells, installs and services the best quality water softeners, water conditioners, salt free conditioners, well water treatment system, reverse osmosis and iron sulfur systems throughout Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota and all the communities in between to include: Land O Lakes, Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills, Odessa, Lutz, Tarpon Springs, New Port Richey, Spring Hill, Brooksville, The Villages, Ocala, Plant City, Dade City, Wimauma, Ruskin, Riverview, Valrico, Lithia, Parrish, Apollo Beach, Lakeland, Bradenton, Kissimmee, Clermont, Sun City Center, Windermere, Sanford, Longwood, St. Cloud and more.